MILLER COUNTY, Mo. — Less than a week after a gun battle between Lake of the Ozarks area motorcycle clubs killed one man and injured four others, the local clubhouse for one of the clubs involved in the brawl has been damaged by fire.
Scorch marks could be seen around the windows and porch ceiling of the headquarters for the Lake Ozark Chapter of the Midwest Drifters Motorcycle Club on Wednesday morning, July 21. The metal-sided building is located at 345 Highway 42, just east of the Lake of the Ozarks, in Kaiser. Authorities say fire damaged the building sometime Tuesday night. No one was injured in the blaze.
An investigator with the Missouri State Fire Marshal’s office on scene Wednesday morning told LakeExpo his office was investigating the fire. The scene was surrounded with police tape, but through a broken-out window, the charred interior of the metal-sided building could be seen. The extent of the damage is unclear; the exterior of the building is intact but the interior damage appeared to be significant.
The fire comes after members of the Midwest Drifters and Galloping Goose motorcycle clubs became involved in a brawl with members of the Mongols motorcycle club, on the front porch of a restaurant on the Lake Ozark Strip, on Thursday, July 15. That fight escalated into a gun battle, in which a member of the Mongols was killed, and four other people were injured.
- Kidnapped man stumbles into hospital
- International President Vagos MC Interview|The Response
- It Was A Savage Deadly Encounter | Motorcycle Thieves Caught
- Iron Horse Motorcycle Club members conspired with Wheels of Souls members to steal motorcycles at Thunder Beach
- Fresno police have arrested a Bulldog gang member they say stabbed a homeless man to death ‘for no apparent reason’