LAKE OZARK, Mo. — Authorities have charged a second man in connection with the fatal gun battle in Lake Ozark on July 15, and they have identified three motorcycle clubs that were involved with the fight.
Daniel Kurtzeborn, 38, of Iberia, has been charged with Unlawful Possession of a Firearm, a Class D Felony. Authorities say Kurtzeborn was one of several men who brandished a firearm and exchanged gunfire during the fight that killed one man and left four injured; Kurtzeborn reportedly told authorities he had not fired a weapon, as he was prohibited from possessing one due to his criminal history. Kurtzeborn is a convicted felon. However, according to the probable cause document for his arrest, authorities say Kurtzeborn was seen on surveillance footage brandishing and shooting a gun during the battle.
Investigators say all of the people involved in the fight appeared to be affiliated with various motorcycle clubs, with at least three motorcycle clubs involved in the deadly gun battle: Midwest Drifters, Galloping Goose, and Mongols.
According to the probable cause document, at approximately 7:44 p.m. on July 15, about 10 motorcycle club members—mostly members of Midwest Drifters and Galloping Goose—were standing near the front of Casablanca restaurant and bar, talking. Then, authorities say, six members of the Mongols exited the restaurant from the front door, and one of the members of the Mongols had words with some of the men on the porch. That, according to the document, is when the fight broke out.
- Kidnapped man stumbles into hospital
- International President Vagos MC Interview|The Response
- It Was A Savage Deadly Encounter | Motorcycle Thieves Caught
- Iron Horse Motorcycle Club members conspired with Wheels of Souls members to steal motorcycles at Thunder Beach
- Fresno police have arrested a Bulldog gang member they say stabbed a homeless man to death ‘for no apparent reason’