Six people have appeared in court on charges relating to a spate of arson attacks and drug offending.
The offending is connected to gang tensions between members of the Rebels Motorcycle Club and King Cobras in Auckland.
Detective Inspector Aaron Pascoe said police executed search warrants in East Tāmaki, Māngere, Clendon Park, Papakura and Manurewa, targeting members of the Rebels on Friday.
In addition to the arsons, further evidence of serious offending was found by police, including possession and supply of methamphetamine, and the unlawful possession of firearms and ammunition.
A 34-year-old man has been charged with participating in an organised criminal group and possession of methamphetamine for supply.
Follow me on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/officialinsanethrottle
Five others aged between 25 and 39 have also been charged with participating in an organised criminal group.
All six appeared in front of Judge Sanjay Patel on Friday at the Manukau District Court and were granted interim name suppression.
The six were represented by Greg Bradford and Brad Moyer, who did not advance applications for bail, which would have been opposed by the police.
The six men were remanded in custody to reappear next week
- MONGOLS MC | SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST LOCO
- A turf war between the Killer Beez and Tribesmen motorcycle gangs has exploded
- Paramedics airlifted a Clermont man to the hospital after a fiery motorcycle crash Monday evening in White County
- ALL OF THESE ARE MOTORCYCLE GANGS | HAMC AOA PAGANS MONGOLS
- Best biker bars in Myrtle Beach Area