The teenage brother of a notorious ex-Hells Angels bikie died after a “thuggish group attack” on the Gold Coast while his “coward” attacker fled and left him to die alone, a court has been told.
Jarvis Jai Farrier, Harrison Geppert’s attacker, sat solemnly as he appeared via the Brisbane Supreme Court’s video link on Monday during a sentencing hearing for the fatal stabbing attack on the teen in September 2019.
Mr Geppert’s mother, Lisa, revealed her heartbreak at losing her 17-year-old son to the unprovoked assault and how she changed from the mother of “nine beautiful children” to a mum of eight in the “blink of an eye”.
“I am an empty shell, broken … I cannot be put back together,” the Brisbane Supreme Court was told.
Farrier, 21, was initially charged with Mr Geppert’s murder but last year pleaded guilty to the lesser charge of manslaughter.
Farrier’s family sat quietly in the public gallery throughout proceedings.
The court was told the fatal fight unfolded in Frascott Park at Varsity Lakes on September 4, 2019.
Mr Geppert and Farrier, then 18, had been close friends until a falling out in 2018.
Crown prosecutor Mark Green said Mr Geppert and one of Farrier’s friends began fighting when the groups saw each other.
Farrier ran up behind Mr Geppert during the brawl and stabbed in the back with a 9cm Marine “folding knife”.
The parties then scattered.
“It was a thuggish group attack … (and) cowardly attack … entirely unprovoked against an unsuspecting teenager who was simply walking along the path,” Mr Green said.
Triple-0 was called but Mr Geppert could not be revived.
- THE VIOLENT HISTORY OF THE BANDIDOS MOTORCYCLE CLUB **FULL VIDEO**
- OUTRAGE OVER BANDIDOS MC & WATERDOGS SHOOTING IN NEW MEXICO **FULL VIDEO**
- THE BANDIDOS MC & WATERDOGS MC SHOOTOUT IN NEW MEXICO **FULL VIDEO**
- A biker was charged with murder after a shootout between rival motorbike gangs at a motorcycle rally in Red River
- 3 people were killed and five others were injured after a shooting between rival biker gangs erupted at a New Mexico motorcycle rally