NORTHFIELD, Mass. (WGGB/WSHM) – Police have arrested a Rhode Island man on several charges following Sunday’s crash on Routes 5 and 10 in Northfield.
“We had a really severe motor vehicle accident involving a car towing a trailer careened into a pack of motorcyclists,” Northfield Fire Chief Skip Dunnell told us.
32-year-old Ryan O’Farrell of Westerly, Rhode Island, was arrested following the accident Sunday afternoon. O’Farrell struck five motorcycles, seriously injuring eight people from a Connecticut motorcycle club.
Western Mass News obtained a statement from the Northwestern District Attorney’s office, confirming the extent of the accident. They told us in part, quote:
“The crash occurred around 1 p.m. in the area of 272 Main St. when a Ryan O’Farrell, who was operating an SUV pulling a trailer carrying a motorcycle, crossed over the solid yellow double center lane when he struck the motorcyclists. The motorcyclists were part of a group of nine from a Connecticut motorcycle club.”
The eight victims were sent to area hospitals, two of which were in critical condition and sent to the University of Massachusetts Medical Center in Worcester.
- EP 776 HELLS ANGELS MC OFF ONE OF THEIR OWN | BANDIDOS MC SHUTDOWN
- HELLS ANGELS MC OFF ONE OF THEIR OWN BANDIDOS MC SHUTDOWN
- Bay Area’s biggest federal prosecution in recent memory, three Hells Angels have been convicted of murdering one of their own
- HELLS ANGELS RUNNING LEGITIMATE BUSINESSES TO LAUNDER MONEY
- OUTLAW BIKERS RUNNING LEGITIMATE BUSINESSES TO LAUNDER MONEY