Surveillance video from inside a crowded northeast Minneapolis bar captured a man armed with a knife confronting a second man, who raised a gun in response and shot him to death Saturday night.
Officers were called shortly before 11:40 p.m. Saturday to the Spring Street Tavern at 355 Monroe St. NE. on a report of shots fired, police said. They arrived and found a 37-year-old man with a gunshot wound to the chest, according to police.
Kenneth T. Rodriguez of Minneapolis died at the scene, the Hennepin County Medical Examiner’s Office said Monday.
Late Monday afternoon, Patrick W. Mince of Minneapolis was charged with being a felon in possession of a firearm. Mincey’s criminal history in Minnesota includes convictions for second-degree assault with a gun and kidnapping.
The criminal complaint does not include a count that directly addresses Rodriguez’s death, but a spokesman for the Hennepin County Attorney’s Office said the case remains under investigation, leaving open the possibility of additional charges.
- Red River residents still reeling from a shootout between motorcycle gangs during the Red River Motorcycle Rally
- Red River Motorcycle Rally Cancelled in Aftermath Of Shootout **FULL VIDEO**
- Allegedly attacking a fellow member of his motorcycle club with an ax handle during an argument
- THE BANDIDOS MC WERE IN THE RIGHT MORE FROM SHADY **FULL VIDEO**
- Two men from Texas appeared in court in connection with a deadly shootout at a motorcycle rally