George Christie, Former Hells Angels President of Ventura, California, filming in “Marked-The Unforgiven” in Europe.
“Marked-The Unforgiven” is the story of a former Marine recon sniper, Jack Crest, who returns home to Ventura, California, from Afghanistan and becomes the protégé of the character, Big John, played by Christie. The Crest character links up with Big John who is a Vietnam era sniper and the two form a motorcycle club (MC) made up of only veterans which is a unique twist. The original 12 members of the club are made up of Marine Recon, Green Berets, Navy Seals and a Coast Guard captain. Their backgrounds provide a rich vein from which to mine story arcs. One of the more intriguing story arcs is the long and mysterious connection that Big John has to the Chicago Syndicate (traditional organized crime) and that “Marked-The Unforgiven” MC is representing and operating their gambling and loan sharking for all of Ventura county which provides a never before seen insiders view into how these illegal activities are part of every day life in California. As the character, Big John, tells his crew “there are no victims in gambling, only volunteers, they come to us to place bets and we take them. Things only get complicated when they can’t pay”.
In our catch up with George Christie, we thought we would ask him some introspective questions via video link from his apartment in Malaga:
I was told by several people in the entertainment business my expectations were too high, but I kept following my vision to tell my story. In my travels I met studio executive Pat Andrew, who is really just an artist stuck in a suit..he completely got it. It sounds like a overused cliche, but the rest is history…we’ve become good friends.
2. There’s a lot of positive buzz about the future television show on social media etc…Who would you like to be cast as a young you if you could choose any actor in the world?
I like strong women who will take a dare.
4. Tell us something really interesting about yourself that no one knows and that your fans would love to hear about? Eg,. I interviewed the enigmatic author of Catcher in the Rye, Mr JD Salinger and asked him this very question….he told me that he was in the Battle of Normandy as an Intelligence officer with the top secret OSS. So, give us something good!
That you go into any pitch or creative meeting with a open mind, take suggestions and criticism, if its reasonable, and don’t let your ego get in the way.
6. To honor our mutual friend, James Lipton of the Actors Studio, please answer the following questions from one word to one sentence:
– What turns you off?
Mother Fucker, drawn out long and loud.
– What sound or noise do you love?
The sound of metal on metal when a cell door shuts.
– What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
– What is your least favorite word?
I once had a Federal Judge tell me in open court- “only God knows what you got away with the last forty years” I want God to say, we are going to let you in anyways…a man has always got to be an optimist!
Donation to Insane Throttle
Please consider donating $5.00 to help keep the best content on the biker scene coming. Your donation will help keep programs like Motorcycle Madhouse Radio and the YouTube channel programming going. Without your help we wouldn’t be able to bring the content we’ve been known for.