Homicide Squad detectives have charged a ninth person following investigations into the shooting murder of a senior member of an outlaw motorcycle gang (OMCG) in the state’s Central West earlier this year.
About 10.50am on Tuesday 14 January 2020, police and emergency services responded to reports a man had been shot at a property on Catombal Road, Eurimbla, about 50km south of Wellington.
Officers attached to Orana Mid-Western Police District attended and located the body of a 60-year-old man inside the home. He had suffered a gunshot wound to the head.
The man has been formally identified as Bandidos OMCG Central West Chapter President, Shane De Britt.
A crime scene was established at the property and examined by specialist forensic officers.
The State Crime Command’s Homicide Squad, assisted by Criminal Groups Squad and Orana Mid-Western Police District detectives, commenced an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the man’s death under Strike Force Kerrison.
- A pack of bikers that rumbled into Richmond over were up to nothing but good.
- Pagans Motorcycle Club Member Sentenced to 10 Years for Trafficking Methamphetamine
- A motorcyclist going upward of 130 mph followed by police crashes and dies
- The Buffalo Soldiers Motorcycle Club of El Paso is a community service group which honors the history of the African American soldiers
- Biker Gang responsible for more than $1 million in stolen motorcycles
So far during the investigation, strike force detectives have arrested seven men – aged 58, 39, 39, 38, 37, 32 and 22 – and a 34-year woman for their alleged roles in the murder.
All eight people remain before the courts.
Following further inquiries, a 35-year-old Harden man was arrested at a service station at Muswellbrook just before 11am today (Tuesday 3 November 2020).
The man was taken to Muswellbrook Police Station and charged with murder and participate criminal group contribute criminal activity.
He was refused bail to appear at Muswellbrook Local Court tomorrow (Wednesday 4 November 2020). /Public Release. The material in this public release comes from the originating organization and may be of a point-in-time nature, edited for clarity, style and length. View in full here.