Senior Rebels bikie Nick Martin has been shot dead in front of bystanders at Perth Motorplex.
The 50-year-old was reportedly gunned down in front of crowds, including families and children, at the Kwinana Beach drag racing venue about 8.30pm on Saturday.
- Jury on acquitted a commercial truck driver of causing the 2019 deaths of 7 bikers. HE GOT AWAY WITH MURDER
- EP 807 NEW LEADER OF NOTORIOUS OUTLAW MOTORCYCLE CLUB EMERGES /FBI RAID COVERAGE/ SECRETS OF SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE
- NEW LEADER OF NOTORIOUS OUTLAW MOTORCYCLE CLUB EMERGES
- EP 806 MOTORCYCLE CLUB BAR SHOOTOUT
- Harley-Davidson’s new Apex custom paint
Martin and another person were treated by paramedics at the scene, but he couldn’t be revived.
The other victim was transported to hospital.
One spectator told The Sunday Times the shooting had occurred just metres from the track, while another woman said her children had been forced to witness the aftermath as police would not let anyone leave.
“While we were waiting to leave we could see an ambulance officer do CPR on a body lying on the ground. My kids could see everything and they are still very shaken about this,” she said.
The death comes just weeks after Martin was assaulted at a Scarborough bar by a Hells Angels enforcer, as reported by The West Australian.
The Gang Crime Squad is investigating the incident.
Anyone with information, or those who witnessed the incident, are urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.