BASTROP COUNTY (KXAN) — The Republic of Texas Motorcycle Rally that has drawn tens of thousands of attendees in years past got underway Thursday at a new location and with a capacity limit.
The event moved to Mere’s Reserve in Bastrop County after taking place last year at the Circuit of the Americas. It runs through Sunday.
This year’s rally was limited to 2,500 people per day after Bastrop County Judge Paul Pape denied organizers a permit for 3,000 attendees.
Pape cited concerns over the venue’s limited space and nearby Farm-to-Market Road 969, which has only two lanes.
County law allows for events under 2,500 to proceed without a permit.
- EP 776 HELLS ANGELS MC OFF ONE OF THEIR OWN | BANDIDOS MC SHUTDOWN
- HELLS ANGELS MC OFF ONE OF THEIR OWN BANDIDOS MC SHUTDOWN
- Bay Area’s biggest federal prosecution in recent memory, three Hells Angels have been convicted of murdering one of their own
- HELLS ANGELS RUNNING LEGITIMATE BUSINESSES TO LAUNDER MONEY
- OUTLAW BIKERS RUNNING LEGITIMATE BUSINESSES TO LAUNDER MONEY