COLUMBUS, Ohio — Columbus police say one man is dead and two other people were hurt after a shooting that happened early Saturday morning.
Police say the shooting happened at a Toro Motorcycle Gang event in the area of Cleveland Avenue and New York Avenue, not far from East 5th Avenue. Officers went to the scene around 4 a.m.
According to police, about 200 shots were fired. Police say officers could smell the gunfire on 12th Avenue as they approached the area, which is about seven blocks away.
Police say another person who was shot is in critical condition and another person who was hurt is in stable condition.
Columbus police say they have tried to shut down this motorcycle gang four times. Several guns were confiscated at the scene.
Police have not released any information about a suspect.
- Systems meant to keep motorists safe failed to prevent a pickup driver on drugs from crashing oncoming group of motorcyclists in New Hampshire leading to the death of seven bikers
- Police have arrested two Mongrel Mob members in a series of raids that turned up firearms and drugs.
- Murder Suspect is a reputed member of Hells Angels outlaw affiliate club the Red Devils Motorcycle Club
- Senior leaders of the Comancheros and Rebels gangs have been arrested and hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash
- Three Bandidos outlaw motorcycle gang members have been charged following a search of the clubhouse