COLUMBUS, Ohio — Columbus police say one man is dead and two other people were hurt after a shooting that happened early Saturday morning.
Police say the shooting happened at a Toro Motorcycle Gang event in the area of Cleveland Avenue and New York Avenue, not far from East 5th Avenue. Officers went to the scene around 4 a.m.
According to police, about 200 shots were fired. Police say officers could smell the gunfire on 12th Avenue as they approached the area, which is about seven blocks away.
Police say another person who was shot is in critical condition and another person who was hurt is in stable condition.
Columbus police say they have tried to shut down this motorcycle gang four times. Several guns were confiscated at the scene.
Police have not released any information about a suspect.
- Rumble in the woods motorcycle rally 2021 Biking & Brotherhood
- Final Statement on LIL DAVE and The Mongols MC situation
- Hells Angel pleaded guilty to conspiracy to distribute and possess with intent to distribute heroin
- Five people were stabbed and a hospital was forced into lockdown after violence exploded between rival motorcycle gangs
- All Things Must Come to an end No More Motorcycle Clubs