WEYMOUTH, MASS. (WHDH) – A Marshfield man is facing a slew of charges after a traffic stop uncovered drugs, alcohol and an illegal gun.
A trooper pulled Andrew Liberty over along Route 3 in Weymouth around 9 p.m. Saturday after the officer said he abruptly change lanes and nearly struck his cruiser, according to a release issued by the state police department.
While speaking with Liberty, the officer said he noticed an open bottle of alcohol, a syringe, and a leather vest with “Outlaw Motorcycle Club” insignia sitting on the passenger side floor.
The trooper ran his license plates and discovered they were registered to a Nissan, not Liberty’s Cadillac.
He was ordered out of the car and the officer conducted a pat-and-frisk and discovered a folding knife and a loaded Taurus .38 special handgun that Liberty does not have a license to carry.
During the frisk, the trooper said he became hostile and tried to reach for the gun tucked in his waistband.
- Police arrested four men and seized drugs and more than $50,000 in cash
- Head Hunters trio arrested over $500k
- Prosecution of a prostitute and two Hell’s Angels
- DID “BIG CAZ” LIE OR WAS IT ALL A SETUP FROM A DIRTY COP AND COMPETITOR FROM DEATH ROW RECORDS?
- How to stop a Fellow Motorcycle Rider From Riding Drunk