ALBANY — One man is dead and six injured following a massive shooting incident that city and police officials said was outside of an Albany bar on Saturday night.
Officials placed the shooting at The Lounge located at 117 North Lake Ave. where officers responded to reports of shots fired at approximately 10:50 p.m. Saturday.
Alexander Bolton, 29, of New Bedford, Mass., was taken to Albany Medical Center Hospital with a gunshot wound to the torso, where he was later pronounced dead, authorities said.
Six men between the ages of 25 and 42 later entered the emergency room at Albany Medical Center with gunshot wounds to their extremities. Authorities said all were shot in connection to the incident, but didn’t elaborate on if any were innocent bystanders.
Workers were covering bullet holes with plywood Sunday at the Tony Clement Center for Education across the street from the scene. But it was unclear if the damage occurred during Saturday’s shooting.
Albany Mayor Kathy Sheehan’s office confirmed the shooting took place at the venue, but declined to release further information.
The city’s Department of Buildings and Regulatory Compliance issued a cease and desist order on Sunday morning to prevent any use of the building, and have since cut power.
“We have been citing this building for more than a year and will continue to utilize every tool available to prevent and respond to gun violence,” Sheehan said in a statement.
The mayor said she has been in “constant communication” with city Police Chief Eric Hawkins.
- Fifteen members and associates of the Sin City Deciples have been charged in a Superseding Indictment with a racketeering conspiracy
- President of a Massachusetts trucking company is pleading guilty to federal charges related to crash that killed seven motorcycle riders
- Filthy Few, Hells Angels HUGE Bust
- Raids targeting the Bandidos outlaw motorcycle gang this week
- A Mongols bikie gang associate has been killed in a crash near Christchurch.